Private Pub Landlord
Approximately £40k worth of repairs
The White Hart is a medieval listed public house. The client was considering taking an assignment of the last four years of a thirty year term.
Being held on a full repairing basis, it was required to be yielded up to the Landlord in the condition required by the lease. The clients appointed Set Square to inspect the property and provide a Building Inspection Report.
- Set Square identified the current condition of the property as falling short of the standard required in the lease
- A backlog of repairs accumulated over several years was identified
- The cost of repairs required were provided so the client fully understood their liability
- The client was advised to proceed with caution and given a detailed report showing the considerations behind this advice
- The client was able to negotiate a reduction in the premium paid for the lease to reflect these repairs