Pre- acquisition survey of new headquarters building
Tandem are one of the new generation of banks and they approached Set Square and asked us to provide them with an acquisition survey of a building they were considering as their new head office in London.
We undertook a review of developer’s documentation and specification and, commented on the proposals for tenure and use of the premises. This included:
- Reviewing the proposed lease in connection with the developer’s proposals and comment accordingly
- Commenting on upon reinstatement and yielding up provisions, the service charge provisions and potential liabilities following our visual inspection
- Reporting on compliance with specification, quality and defects
- The client decided not to take this lease. Our report was critical in helping them evaluate the suitability of the building and the fairness of the deal they were being offered
- Our knowledge of the client’s proposals for the building enabled us to advise on the limitations of adapting the building to suit the client’s use