Pre-acquisition Surveys & Due Diligence
What we do
Pre-acquisition Surveys & Due Diligence - We specialise in providing the right advice prior to the acquisition of all types of buildings, from commercial through to residential uses. Our surveys identify issues related to condition, structural adequacy, fitness for purpose and other potential risks and provide you with clear advice on which a sound decision to invest can be based. Where necessary we assemble multi-discipline teams of other professional and specialist consultants to provide detailed advice relating to complex structures and services.
Our wide knowledge base and intuitive understanding of all aspects of buildings and services makes us the natural leaders of due-diligence teams allowing us to:
- Identify condition of building fabric and services and to estimate potential future liabilities.
- Comment upon suitability of potential future uses and the ability of buildings to remain future-proof.
- Identify issues relating to statutory compliance, health and safety, energy efficiency and thermal performance and in particular to comment upon opportunities to improve energy performance.
- Identify technical issues which could affect future asset value, marketability for future disposal and costs in use.
- Outline the potential costs associated with issues identified and to procure any necessary works.
- Where a high level report limited to the main significant issues only is required, we work with our clients to meet the most demanding time scales, regardless of location throughout the UK.